History of All Saints Parish
All Saints Parish is situated on a 12-acre tract of land on Montgomery Road in Sycamore Township that is part of a 50-acre parcel purchased by Archbishop John T. McNicholas in 1948. The Reverend Thomas A. Devitt was the founder of All Saints Church. On December 7, 1948 he was named administrator of the mission parish of 37 families. On February 13, 1949, sixty parishioners attended the first Mass held in the old white farmhouse (no longer standing) on Montgomery Road. All Saints Church was actually built in three phases. On July 16, 1951 the ground breaking began for a new church. This first church building was under roof for Christmas Midnight Mass, 1951. The original church, now called the main wing, was designed for a seating capacity of 360. In 1952 Fr. Devitt was promoted from administrator to Pastor. On our pastoral feast, All Saints Day, November 1, 1952, Archbishop Karl J. Alter dedicated the church at a solemn High Mass. The church was expanded in 1961 with the completion of the south wing, providing for an additional 200 seats. This addition included the south vestibule; bell tower complete with electronic bells, and a side altar, which was later converted to the Eucharistic Chapel. The final expansion of the church occurred in the early 1970’s under the guidance of Fr. Paul Kappes. This section of the church is now called the north wing and it was part of a larger addition, which included the church offices and rectory, and the downstairs music room. This final addition to the church brought the seating capacity to 760. In 1994, Father Dennis Jaspers was appointed our pastor. In 1999 our new Parish Center opened which included a new Gymnasium, Jubilee Room, parish offices, kitchen, and several meeting rooms. Also located on our campus is All Saints School, housed in a 30,000 square foot single story building for grades K-8. The school was built in four phases beginning in 1954.